BIKE | CASTLE | WINE
• August 5 - August 11, 2019 (7 DAYS) •
• $2,650 Single Person (Deposit + $2,150) •
• $3,450 Private Room (Deposit + $2,950) •
• Purchase a deposit to reserve your spot •
2 SPOTS OPEN
Portugal is 🔥, so get it while it’s hot. We’ll ride century-old wooden trams of Lisbon, the Latin fairytale capital of Portugal, celebrate every night with it’s most famous national drink, port or porto (wine, duh), and bike our beautiful backyard of Serra da Arrábida Natural Park. Our home, built by the Moors in the 9th century and later conquered by the first king of Portugal in 1147, is Palmela Castle, yes an f’in castle! Sleep in a place whose initial occupation dates back to 300 years before Christ and feel like a real knight in the ancient castle fortified by the Moors during the 8th and 9th centuries with all the comforts of the 21st century.
Everyday we’ll go through sweaty and sexy workouts, yoga sessions and activities such as biking, hiking, kayaking and exploring old towns with your new lifelong friends!
Monday, August 5th ARRIVALS
We'll meet at the Lisbon International Airport at 2pm and drive about an hour to our very own castle which will be our home for the week. If you arrive early we will have another pick up stop in Lisbon where we will swoop you up on the way, so that you don't have to wait for us at the airport. (We'll coordinate closer to the trip start date) We settle into our rooms, enjoy a sunset from the highest point you could be in and have an orientation and included welcome dinner. We party like we Kings and Queens and pass out because of jetlag.
Tuesday, August 6th BIKE & WINE
Get ready to experience SYB to it's fullest. We begin with wake up calls, more on this later, go straight into morning workouts and yoga cooldown,followed by a hearty breakfast all before it's even 9am.
We strap up and take on our first biking adventure through the Arrabida National Park right on our doorstep. We bike to a local winery, taste as much porto as possible, eat all the good stuff they serve and bike to some warm waters for a quick dip.
The best view of the sunset is from our own home so, we'll grab a cocktail and salud to the best 24 hours of your summer! Dinner is in our little town just a short walk away where you can shop along the way and party with some locals if your jet lag hasn't already hit...
Wednesday, August 7th SINTRA TOUR
We wake up early to practice yoga on top of the world, or so it would seem, damn it feels good to live in a castle... After breakfast we jump into our SYB bus and head towards the fairytale town of SINTRA where we will have some locals leading us through the beautiful history of the world's first maritime nation! After some time exploring the local village we will jump on some jeeps and start taking the off road trails along the coast for some insane views. Make sure you bring your swimwear as there will be plenty opportunities to use it along the day and pack some beers for the jeep ride (try not to spill on the off road trails!)
Thursday, August 8th KAYAK AND BEACH DAY
Begin the day with a morning bootcamp, then enjoy a breezy breakfast on the outdoor patio, then prepare yourself for some Kayaking. We'll go straight to Portinho da Arrábida, one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Portugal to wash up. From there we will start exploring the caves along the coast along with some beaches so remote kayaking is the only way to get there! Our dinner tonight will be in Palmela, the local town that our castle overlooks.
Friday, August 9th LISBON TOUR
This is a long day so we want to get up as early as possible, crush a great workout for endorphones and eat breakfast and head towards Lisbon for a day of history, culture, food, photo opts, and porto wine! We'll have dinner and drinks in Lisbon tonight before heading back to our castle for a night cap.
Saturday, August 10th BOAT PARTY
Today we'll party like rockstars! We'll start the day with a sweat session #DetoxToRetox before jumping on a catamaran for a boat party where we'll enjoy our final sunset together
Sunday, August 11th BACK TO REALITY
- Everyone will be checking out at 10am, some earlier some later. We will have an SYB bus taking people to the Marrakech airport. Until next time... or until we throw our next party because this friendship just started!
Six nights of luxury accommodations in an ancient castle
Biking tour through our backyard national park
Kayaking in Portinho da Arrábida
Off roading in Sintra
Tour of Lisbon
All (domestic) transportation in the itinerary
All fitness programming (includes daily bootcamps and yoga sessions)
All breakfasts and two dinners
SYB Welcome package (including SYB swag as well as giveaways from our sponsors)
Services of SYB Adventure Leaders
Personal photographer + videographer
Alcoholic beverages during meals
For this adventure, SurfYogaBeer will be taking over an entire castle. Get the best of historical Portugal while enjoying the amenities of a modern high-end hotel!
Can you handle it?
- This is a fitness adventure and as such has an active component. Not to worry, our trainers work to adapt all activities to all fitness levels so we process there's something for everyone. Feel free to reach out to us if you've got any questions or concerns about this
Yes, in fact that is recomended. We'd love you to be whoever you want on this adventure and bringing a friend could also bring old habits.
But we understand it is intimidating and hard because you feel like you don't know anyone... trust us, this is the way to go!
- We'll provide airport trannsfers to and from Lisbon International Airport for those arriving by 1pm on August 6th and departing after 12pm on August 11th
- If your flight comes in at another time, we can still help coordinate transportation to and from the venue but that's not included.
Registration + Payment
- Deposit: Your $500 deposit is used to secure your spot and goes toward your full payment. Your deposit is non-refundable or transferable.
- The remaining balance is divided into three additional payments with the full payment due 45 days prior to the adventure's start date.
- Trip credit (less deposit) may be transferred towards a future trip (within 12 months) up to 30 days prior to the start of the trip.
- Please note that there are absolutely no refunds or deposit transfers for cancellations within 30 days of the trip. We strongly encourage all participants to purchase trip insurance just to be safe.
Where are we staying?
In a dope castle approximately 40 km outside of Lisbon
We'll be doing some adventures throughout this trip that require a bit of self awareness of the surrounding area. We encourage the buddy system and we keep an eye out for you but you're an adult and need to take of yourself.
Enjoy Portugal's delicious food and wine with us. We've got our own restaurant on site.
We'll assign you to a room and roomate according to your pretrip form. Please let us know if there are any special requests.